There are some weekends that I feel like getting dressed up, buying fake eyelashes, and drinking one or two (or five) vodka soda’s. There are other weekends where I skip the Nashville social scene and become a recluse in my own kitchen. A few weeks back, I picked out a cookbook from the Library and instantly fell in love. “Eat Skinny, Be Skinny” By Claire Gallam is my most favorite cookbook that I’ve ever picked up. All of the recipes are 300 calories or less (cocktails included). EVERY. SINLGLE. THING. Feels like a cheat meal.
Today, I wanted to share my favorite recipe of the summer (or really, even the year). It’s a Blueberry, Prosciutto, Corn, Arugula Salad and it is incredible. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a summer cook out, a night in with your girlfriends, a work potluck, or a side dish for your weekly lunch. This has become a staple in my recipe rotation. I hope that you like it as much as I do!
- 2 cans corn
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 orange, yellow, red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup baby arugula (I used more and minced it in my food chopper)
- 6 slices prosciutto (5-ounces), chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used agave nectar)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the corn, blueberries, peppers, tomato, onion, arugula, and prosciutto into a large bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, and honey in bowl. Once mixed, toss into the above mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Best enjoyed when chilled.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:(Serving size: 1/5th of the salad)
Calories: 205, Fat: 10.2g, Fiber: <1g, Protein: 5.4g, Carbohydrates: 38.4g